Registration as a volunteer requires a number of steps (although after you've registered for your first role for a calendar year, you only need to do steps 1 and 2 for any subsequent registrations for that calendar year):
- Use the Correct SE Account. All registrants 18 and over will need their own SE account (or a family account they are the owner of). Only umpires, scorekeepers and others who are UNDER 18 may be registered by their parent using the parent's SE account. If you are coaching your children but are not the owner of the SE account that the children were registered under, you can link your own account to your family's - see Adding Parents/Guardians.
- Register online for your desired LMLL role. Use the link that was provided to you or shown on the website for the specific registration Make sure you are logged into the proper account (see step 1 above) before starting to fill out the registration.
- Complete the online Volunteer LL Requirements. (Unless you've already done so for the calendar year you are registering for.) When you complete your role registration, you will receive a link directing you to register for Volunteer LL Requirements. This is to necessary to fulfill requirements of Little League International each year, and takes the place of the paper/PDF forms we used in prior years. Make sure to use the same SE account you used to complete the Role registration in step 2 above.
- Submit a copy of a government-issued photo ID (if required). As part of the Volunteer LL Requirements registration, you will be required to submit a photo ID (only if you have not done so in a prior year, or if you submitted an incomplete Photo ID as a minor, or if your legal name has changed), so have it ready. The photo ID must show a clear picture, full first and last name, and date of birth. Minors who do not have a gov photo ID may instead use a copy of their school photo ID, which does not need to show date of birth.
- Complete an online background check if you are 18 or older ONLY. (Unless you've already done so for the calendar year you are registering for.) When you complete your Volunteer LL Requirements registration, you will receive a link directing you to complete an online background check registration. This is also necessary to fulfill requirements of Little League International. Make sure to use the same SE account you used to complete the registrations in steps 2 and 3 above. Registrants younger than 18 at the time of registration should NOT complete a background check.
Your registration is not complete, and you may not be considered for a role with LMLL, until all steps above have been completed. Please note that registration confirmations you receive by email are only confirmations of receipt of your registrations. The decision to accept your application and assign you to a team (for coaches/managers) or games (for umpires/scorers) is in LMLL's sole discretion.