8-9 Yr Old Summer BB Travel - Register Interest NOW!
Deadline May 2
Updated Thursday April 25, 2019 by LMLL Registrar.
LMLL families, it’s time for all Baseball 8 year-olds to register their interest for the 2019 Summer Travel Baseball program for 8 yr.-old players. Additionally it’s our goal to field a 2nd 9u Division Team as well for the summer. The following FAQ will to help guide you through the process:
- What is my player’s Travel baseball age? – The age they will be on April 30, 2019 is their baseball age for the travel program (note this is different from their age for the Spring Rec program). If they are 8 on 4/30/19, they are BB8 for Travel purposes, if they are 9 on 4/30/19 they are BB9. * No other divisions are accepting additional players at this time.
- How do I register my player? Through the LMLL website: www.LMLittleLeague.org, and click on Register Online. 2019 Travel Baseball Summer – Ages 8-9 Interest. You will need to use the following password: csrTravel19. The deadline to register is Thursday, May 2nd. Register as soon as possible, as coaches will begin evaluating players soon. (If you previously registered interest for the 9U team and attended tryouts earlier this year, you do not need to register again, you will be automatically considered if we field a second 9U team. Players already selected for the first 9U team do not need to register.)
- How does my player get selected for a Summer Travel team? Upon registering your interest to play, the coaches and administrators assigned to work with each team will attend and observe LMLL Spring Rec league games that your player is participating in (only Spring Rec Green and higher players are eligible). These observations will be the determining factor in your player being selected to play with the summer travel team. PLEASE NOTE – there is already one complete 9u Summer Travel team assembled via the traditional tryout process that took place over the winter. The additional 9u team will only come together if there is enough additional interest from 9u players to be able to form a second team. SO SPREAD THE WORD! One 8u team will be selected in total for the 2019 summer travel season.
- What are the costs involved for Summer Travel? If your player is offered a roster spot on the travel team, a $650 fee will be required by May 31, 2019 to secure the spot.
- What do I need to know about playing Summer Travel? Our travel team will compete in the Greater Hudson Valley Baseball League. The season runs roughly from early June to mid-August. Players will be participating in baseball activities 4-6 days per week. Players should be able to attend all or most of the season’s activities. As baseball is a team sport, please carefully consider your family’s summer schedule and availability to fulfill the commitments of playing travel baseball. Summer Travel baseball is not typically a match for players who attend summer sleep away camp. Home games will typically be at Lorenzen, Central B, or Flint Park. Away games will vary between 5 and 35 miles from Larchmont / Mamaroneck.
- Who will be coaching? The additional 9u team (if it comes together) will be coached by Michael Fairweather. If you have interest in coaching the 8u team or assistant coaching the second 9U team, you will need to also register on the LMLL website. Click on Register Online, choose 2019 Travel Baseball Summer – Ages 8-9 Interest, and select Coach or Assistant Coach. If you have a high level of playing or coaching experience we are particularly interested in your involvement; however, please understand this is not a prerequisite to coaching a travel team. Each travel team typically has 2-3 coaches so if you’re interested in coaching, but are concerned about the time commitment, please still register your interest and know there will be others to help.
- What are the next steps? Register your interest on the league website by May 2, we will take it from there. ***NOTE THE SOONER YOU REGISTER YOUR PLAYER – the sooner the coaches and league officials can attend their games and evaluate them, please don’t wait until the last minute.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our 8u-10u Travel Baseball Coordinator, Jon Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
TA McKinney – Travel Commissioner
Jon Brown – Travel Coordinator 8u-10u