Registration and Tryouts for 2019 Baseball Travel Ages 10-14!
Deadline Oct 31; Tryouts Nov 3/4
Updated Thursday October 11, 2018 by LMLL Registrar.
Online registration is open for LMLL Travel Baseball tryouts for our 2019 teams for Travel Baseball ages 10-14 to be held at A Game Sports in New Rochelle on Saturday Nov. 3 and Sunday Nov. 4. Important details:
- Dates: November 3 and November 4. Players only need to attend ONE of these dates, not both.
- Age groups and times:
12.45-2pm 13yo & 14yo (See special note re: 14U below)
Arrive early to check in! Tryouts will begin promptly at the times indicated above. Players should arrive 15 minutes early to allow for sufficient check-in time.
- How old is my child? That's not a stupid question! Your player's age for this purpose is determined based on how old he will be on April 30, 2019.
- How to register? Players must register in advance for the tryouts through the LMLL website: http://www.lmlittleleague.org/site/ The deadline to register for tryouts is October 31, 2018 and a $30 tryout fee will apply.
- Location? A Game Sports is located near the Home Depot in New Rochelle. The address is 856 Main St, New Rochelle, NY.
- Which season is this for? Tryouts are primarily for the purpose of assembling LMLL Travel summer 2019 teams. However, LMLL will field Spring and Fall travel teams in most of the age groups listed above. Summer travel players will have first priority for these roster spots; however, additional roster spots may be available for non-summer players. Players interested in being considered for "Spring only" roster spots should attend these tryouts as no separate tryouts will be held for Spring travel. This is NOT Spring Rec Baseball registration, that will open in December 2018.
- What to bring? What to Wear? A Game is an indoor athletic facility. Players should wear sneakers - NO CLEATS. Bring your bat and glove. Players trying out for 13U or 14U need to hit with a BBCOR or wood bat.
- What about 8U, 9U and 15+? LMLL will field travel 2019 summer travel teams at each age group 8U - 17U/Showcase. The Spring 2019 Rec baseball season will serve as an extended tryout for the 8U travel team. Winter workouts for interested 9U players will be conducted in January-Feb. 2019 at A Game. The first three sessions of this workout series will serve as the tryouts for the 9U travel teams. Further details will be forthcoming regarding the 9U program.
- Who is evaluating? The 2019 Travel coaches and the LMLL Travel Baseball Commissioners will be on hand to evaluate players for purposes of picking the 2019 teams.
- Travel coaching interest. If you are interested in coaching summer travel, please indicate your interest by registering as a Travel coach through the LMLL website. Please be aware that registering your interest does not guarantee selection as a travel coach.
- Special note about 14U. We are pleased to announce that LMLL Wildcats 17U Showcase Team head coach Rich Barrella will be expanding the coverage of his Showcase program to cover 14U this year for the first time. LMLL's 14U, 15U and 17U Showcase teams will be run under the supervision of Rich Barrella. 14U players are trying out at A Game on Nov 3-4 for spots on this 14U team. Tryouts for the 15U and 17U teams will be held at a later date.
- Special note about 10U. LMLL will be hosting an informational session for parents regarding expectations for 10U travel baseball on October 22. A supplemental communication about this will be sent to parents in this age group.
- Next steps. 2019 LMLL travel team selections will generally be communicated prior to December 1. A $500 deposit will be due at that time to hold a player’s roster spot.
- Rec baseball participation. LMLL travel baseball is designed to supplement and support LMLL recreational baseball. LMLL travel players (9th grade and younger) are expected to register for and participate in the LMLL Rec spring baseball season.
We are looking forward to another successful year of Travel baseball in 2019!
Questions? Please contact the Baseball Travel Commissioners at BBTravel@LMLittleLeague.org