LORENZEN PARK USAGE
UpdatedSaturday June 22, 2019 byLMLL Registrar.
We are looking forward to another year using the new Lorenzen facility! Three separate, premier ballfields for use at various times by our LMLL Spring Rec youth competitive divisions (Green through Majors) as well as some of our Travel teams – plus a concession stand which is expected to be in operation during all games! Click here for more information on the new Lorenzen facility, which opened in 2018.
That’s a lot of baseball & softball in one space, and even though the parking lot was newly paved and re-configured as part of the project, parking remains limited and traffic is very busy at times. We ask that all our LMLL families respect the following guidelines to make this an enjoyable and safe space for everyone, including our neighbors and businesses in the area:
- Reduce car usage to Lorenzen. Car pool with nearby families; use one car per family instead of two; bike or walk if you live close enough.
- Arrive no more than 30 minutes before game time. We have spaced the weekend game schedule out to try to reduce overlap, but it only works if people don’t come too early.
- Drive slowly and obey all traffic markings. There will be kids (and adults) biking and walking in and out on the street and in the lot, and lots of traffic at times. Take a few extra seconds to drive safely and considerately. Police will be monitoring and enforcing all traffic regulations. And note that Deane Place (the street which connects to the Lorenzen access street) is one-way and may not be entered from Lorenzen – including if you are driving in reverse (which is also far more dangerous)!
- Utilize the designated drop-off/pick-up area properly. Pull into the area as far as you can (don’t just stop in the middle), and use it only for dropping off, or picking up waiting players. If anyone sits there waiting, it will back up everyone behind and cause gridlock in the lot. If your players aren’t ready for pick-up, circle around and come back again to keep traffic moving.
- Park within the marked spaces only. The spaces are not overly generous but should fit most cars and SUVs if parked properly. If someone parks on, over or too close to a line, it will kill a space for someone else.
- If you can’t find a marked space in the lot, park in a legal street space. The best bet is on Boston Post Road, which is a very short walk in. Do not park in or block the nearby parking lots and driveways – these are all private property of the commercial establishments and residents. Police will be ticketing cars parked illegally.
- Leave promptly when you’re ready. Feel free to stick around to watch the next game or talk to a new (or old) friend, but when you’re ready to leave, please do so promptly to open up spaces for the following game.
- ENJOY! This is a great facility, and something for everyone to enjoy. The more courteous, considerate and respectful we can all be, the better the experience will be for everyone!